The Gnomes

The Gnomes
the gnomes

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Masks, Dogs and other unexpected things

I took a great course on felt mask building from Soulfibre studio about a month or two. Melissa is a great teacher and pretty soon I was making masks hoping to break into the Children's Theater market.

What I didn't realize was how popular they were going to be with other folks...after seeing them at a local craft fair I got an order for.....John the Baptist! A local minister thought it would be great for his sermons. By the way I want to thank my kiddo Mags and my neighbor Sathya for always being there to model.
For a little break from the usual I thought I might do a dog series after I asked our good friend down at Children's Hospital Boston, Tina what type of animals she liked. A beagle she announced and I was off and running. Here is the beagle and a few other miniature dogs I have been creating. They are so fun!


As for the other unexpected things, I have my first art show happening on April 5, 2013 at Computers for Change as part of the First Friday Art Walk and I have a bird up for submission to The Vermont Bird Museum for a juried art show. I did a Red Bellied Woodpecker. What do you think?
That's all for now! Thanks for reading!
Susi
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment